by Allie Thiess, Excerpted, her book from Gypsy Magic for the Dreamer’s Soul
What is Magic?
The easiest way to tell you what magic is, is to tell you what it isn’t: a quick fix. Instant
gratification only arrives in the movies or on TV. There is no real Harry Potter or harmed magic – at least nothing we mere mortals can conjure up.
At its simplest, magic is the ability to manipulate energy, to direct it to where we need a little extra guidance. When a spell is cast, we are giving our energy an added push to help us achieve a dream or goal. Magic is an added boost – a leg up if you will – but be forewarned that it can take up to six months to a year in order to see the fruits of your labor. Sometimes, however, if you’re lucky you can start to see results in as little as
The energy that surges within each of our bodies is the same energy that soars through
the universe and on up into the heavens. It is all around us twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Therefore, it is within your reach to take the energy you need to bring about the changes you desire – no special gifts or powers required. Each and every one of us is already blessed with the Divine gifts we require.
But to have your magic work, you must firmly and sincerely believe, without a doubt, that you will achieve the results you need. Anything less will result in either complete failure or level of success only achieved by half.
Tips for Successful Magic
• Turn off the phone, radio, email, or anything else that will disturb you during the
process. However, soothing music may be played as you prepare and perform magic.
The key here is that you want no interruptions.
• Keep the tools you use for magic away from other people, as tools absorb the energy of their user.
• Consult a calendar to time your magic with the ebb and flow of the lunar cycle.
• Magic has a very hard time working correctly during a Mercury Retrograde and
should be avoided during this time. Mercury goes backwards (retrograde) four times
a year and usually lasts about three weeks. Since Mercury is the planet of communications, you want it to be moving direct for positive results.
• What you send out comes back to you three times over, so if you are using magic to
hurt or make someone else feel uncomfortable, you do so at your own risk.
• Keep your magic to yourself. When you tell others of your plans, you invite their
energy to mingle in with yours. This can weaken your energy, thereby weakening the energy of your magic.
• Think positively about the changes you desire, but don’t dwell on them. By detaching
yourself you let the universe help as well. Detaching doesn’t decrease the power of your want, but it does give the universe permission to step in and take over.
• Remember that impatience leads to doubt and doubt invites negativity. Neither nature nor the universe can be rushed. Magic works in Divine time, not human time.
• Remember above all that faith in yourself, faith in magic and positive thoughts are all
powerful vibratory forces that bring results.
Look for more useful Gypsy Magic from Allie Theiss at http://www.GypsyAdvice.com.